Vice Commodore UpdateWe have been very busy planning a fun filled year of social activities for the SLTWYC.
I have attached a Tentative Schedule for you to see.You will note some "?" next to some items especially Beer Can Happy Hours. We had hoped to do these every Wednesday from Mid-June through early September. However unless more of you will volunteer to help with these events we may have to drop back to every other Wednesday night.Remember a club is only as good as its members and we need a little help from all of you to make our club a success.Some events to put on your calendar in the next few months. More information on all to follow
- Saturday March 21 St. Patrick's Day - John & Carol Gerard are again preparing a wonderful Corned Beef & Cabbage Dinner.
- Saturday April 4 - Ross's Delicious Chowder Feed & Amnesty Night to pay your dues.
- Saturday June 13 - SLTWYC Nautical Swap Meet - As you all know we have been trying to raise money to help support our club & we are hoping that this event may help us do this. This would take place in the parking lot in front of the Yacht Club. We all have nautical items that we would like to rid ourselves of. These can include anything from boat items, clothing, jewelry, knickknacks, up to & including motors, dingeys and even boats. If you have a lot to sell you may want to rent a space (price TBD) & percentage to be given to the club. Or you could donate your items to the club sale & let the club reap the benefits. The Yacht Club & Bar will be open. As quite a bit of help will be needed both getting ready for this event & the day of the event, this is a great time to see what you can do to help our club.The 2020 PICYA Yachting Yearbook will be coming out in the next few months. This yearbook is a great resource for those of you who would like to just know more about the Northern California Yacht Clubs or like to travel and visit other Yacht clubs. It offers location & contact information about all participating Yacht Clubs in the area.Price of these books is $15. Let Linda know if you are interested in buying a book.If you are going to visit another club it is always good to contact them first to be sure they have not restrictions about other club members visiting. Although most clubs welcome other Yacht Club members it is the prerogative of each club to make their own rules.If you are interested in helping in any way with any of our activities please let me know.Linda GordonVice Commodore SLTWYC
South Lake Tahoe Windjammers Yacht Club
2020 SOCIAL Events Calendar - TENTATIVE
- January & FebruaryNo scheduled events
- Saturday March 21 Patrick's Dinner/General Meeting
- Saturday April 4 Chowder Feed
- Saturday April 25 Cocktail Party San Francisco, Hosts Jim & Carol Crercelius
- Sunday April 26Opening Day on SF Bay
- Saturday May 2 or 9 Cinco de Mayo Dinner
- May 23 TGIS
- Saturday June 13 Swap Meet/Membership Drive?
- Wednesday June 17 Beer Can Happy Hour
- Wednesday June 24? Beer Can Happy Hour
- S/S June 27 & 28 Opening Weekend on SLT?
- Sunday June 28 Southern Crossing Brunch
- Wednesday July 1 Beer Can Happy Hour
- Wednesday July 8 Intergalactic Dinner
- Saturday July 11???? Sailing Clinic????
- Monday July 13 Beach Cleanup
- Wednesday July 15? Beer Can Happy Hour
- Saturday July 18 Summer Dinner/Gen Mtg
- Wednesday July 22 Beer Can Happy Hour
- Monday July 27 Beach Cleanup
- Tuesday July 28 West Shore Cafe
- Wednesday July 29? Beer Can Happy Hour
- Wednesday August 5 Beer Can Happy Hour
- Sunday August 9 Commodore's Cup Dinner
- Monday August 10 Beach Cleanup
- Wednesday August 12? Beer Can Happy Hour
- Wednesday August 19 Beer Can Happy Hour
- Monday August 24 Beach Cleanup
- Wednesday August 26? Beer Can Happy Hour
- Saturday August 29 Salad & Ice Cream Dinner
- Wednesday September 2 Beer Can Happy Hour
- Sunday September 13 Perpetual Pie Dinner
- Monday September 14 Beach Cleanup
- Sunday September 20 Fannette Island Dinner
- Saturday October 10 Fall Dinner/ Gen Mtg
- Saturday November 7 Chili Dinner
- F/Sa November 20 or 21 Awards Presentation Event
- Wednesday December 9 Holiday Party/Installation of Officers/ General Meeting
Vice Commodore Update