To the General Membership,
Your board has continued to monitor the effects caused by the COVID-19 pandemic and how we are moving forward. Our club remains on hiatus for the 2020 season. However, we are still the South Lake Tahoe Windjammers Yacht Club and plan to resume our activities as soon as it is safe to do so.
We exchanged numerous correspondences with the owner of Tahoe Keys Village. We offered various compromises regarding our club house and were met with indifference. We submitted our 30-Day Notice to Vacate and will be storing club belongings in our storage unit until we lease a club house site in the spring of 2021.
We are still planning to host social events for our members once the social distancing rules are no longer in place. The location of these events will be determined at that time. Sailing events will take place as circumstances allow. Your Rear Commodore, Steve Katzman, notified the membership on May 1 via email of the current boating regulations.
Currently all boat ramps into Lake Tahoe are closed until further notice. Lake Tahoe is governed by two entities: State of Nevada and State of California. TRPA is in collaboration with local governments, public health officials, and marina and launch operators to safely allow Tahoe Only boats with intact inspection seals. All boat ramps will remain closed until a unilateral decision is made to re-open. There are no current plans to re-open the inspection stations.
In support of our club, please pay your dues if feasible. Our financial standing will determine our club house options next spring. Being on hiatus is disappointing, however, we have full confidence that the enthusiasm for our South Lake Tahoe Windjammers Yacht Club continues! Please know that all decisions made are primarily for the safety and well-being of our membership and secondarily for the long-term best interests of our club.
South Lake Tahoe Windjammers Yacht Club